Come Help with Planning for the Wamego July 4th Parade and the City Park Dems' Depot Activities
Saturday morning June 11, at 10 a.m. we'll meet at Eldon and Patricia Dillingham's home at 404 Walnut in Wamego. We'll have coffee, donuts and start work planning the 4th of July activities at the Wamego Park Depot (we have it reserved for the Fourth.) We'll make a trip to the park to look the Depot over for our brainstorming.
Saturday's lunch plan is to order pizza and have a beer or soft drink and then do some construction on our float trailer to accommodate additional signage that we didn't have last year. We should finish by 2:00 p.m.
Here's What We Need To Do!
1. TOP LEFT. Plan for a voter registration table (this is what we did two years ago.) There will be free WiFi available so we can access any Web-sites needed for voter registration.
2. TOP RIGHT. Decide on signage and posters for Depot interior, find posters and make signs. We will be giving away lemonade, cookies, coffee, water for dogs and dog treats.
3. BOTTOM LEFT. (Dru and Ruth, at 2012 Depot.) Planning for interior layout should include room for our sound system so candidates can speak to larger groups of people. We can sell t-shirts and Ruth Kerr has some hand-made Dems items to sell as well -- all for our election year expenses.
4. We will invite all five candidates who are on the ballot in Pottawatomie County to come to the Depot during the day and follow our float during the parade.
5. BOTTOM RIGHT. (Last year's float) The theme of the 2016 float is "What Kansas and national news Editors are saying about Kansas." The theme will be displayed on the new sign frame to be built on the front of the float. We will also need to change the copy on the signs that will be held by float riders.
6. PICTURE BELOW. We can affix temp signage to the outside of the Depot. In the case of this banner--we have to remove and reinstall on our float before the parade starts at 5 p.m. -- THERE WILL BE A BUNCH OF MOVING PARTS TO OUR EFFORTS THIS FOURTH OF JULY!